About the Job
Braintrace, one of Utah’s fastest growing cybersecurity companies continues to expand. We are looking for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Interns. The Internship position is assigned to the Security Operations Team. The primary purpose of this position is to report on actionable alerts and perform pro-active threat hunting on SOC IDS/IPS & SIEM tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the security event queues on the SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint, Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Systems Tools
- Assist with security alerting, reporting, and escalation
- Search for patterns or anomalies that could indicate a complex cyber-attack
- Document appropriate troubleshooting task
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Currently enrolled in a two or four-year degree program in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study
Education and Training Requirements
- 4-6 Months with the option to renew
- Applicants who excel in the internship position may be considered Full-Time employment.
- Paid Internship
- Real world experience working in a Security Operations Center
- Gain experience working with Security Operations Tools
Braintrace does not discriminate in any aspect of employment BASED ON race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Braintrace does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.