About the Job
Braintrace, one of Utah’s fastest growing cybersecurity companies continues to expand. We are looking for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst Tier I/II. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst position is assigned to the Security Operations Team. The primary purpose of this position is to help coordinate and report on actionable alarms. This position involves paying attention to detail and may require you to work extended hours.
Available shifts between 3pm and 9am MDT/MST
Before applying for this position please attach the network analysis challenge to your resume and submit.
Analyze this Pcap elaborate on the this activity. Tell us your conclusions and submit all answers in a PDF format document.
Pcap file: Click Here
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with staff in a 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Providing analysis and trending of security events, alarms and information from a large number of security devices.
- Taking initiative in evaluating, proposing, and deploying various detection capabilities.
- Clearly communicate and share your analysis with members of the SOC and/or clients.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Solid Understanding of TCP/IP, the OSI Model, and underlying Protocols.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanning/Management tools.
- Solid communication skills and able to interact with clients.
Education and Training Requirements
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT position
Braintrace does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Braintrace does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
|Job Level||(SOC) Analyst|