About the Job
Braintrace, one of Utah’s fastest growing cybersecurity companies continues to expand. We are looking for a Security Operations Center (SOC) SIEM Engineer Tier 3.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with staff in a 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Providing analysis and trending of security events, alarms, and information from a large number of security devices.
- Taking initiative in evaluating, proposing, and deploying various detection capabilities.
- Clearly, communicate and share your analysis with members of the SOC and/or clients.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Tune and troubleshoot QRadar to deliver optimal performance in high volume enterprise customer environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot network and security devices, various operating systems, and applications such as web, AWS, Azure, cloud services logging, endpoint log sources, mail and database services along to bring data to QRadar.
A Successful Candidate in The Role Has To
- Have a firm grasp of network security fundamentals
- SIEM Management; Tuning, Parsing, and configurations
- Have a solid understanding of TCP/IP, the OSI Model, and Underlying Protocols
- Proficient with Regex
- Knows scripting language(s); Python, Perl, Bash, etc.
- English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
- Experience with Vulnerability Scanning/Management tools.
- Solid communication skills and able to interact with clients.
Education and Training Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in QRadar SIEM configuring and managing
- Preferred certification IBM Certified Associate Administrator or Higher
- Preferred certification Splunk Enterprise Security Administrator or Higher
Braintrace does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Braintrace does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
|Job Level||(SOC) SIEM Engineer|