About the Job
Braintrace, one of Utah’s fastest growing cybersecurity companies continues to expand. We are looking for a Sr. SOC Analyst/Engineer to help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting clients. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working in a 24×7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
- Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Proactively look for suspicious anomalous activity based on data alerts or data outputs from various toolsets and SIEM platforms.
- Review vulnerabilities and track resolution.
- Review and process threat intel reports.
- Analyze and correlate log files from a variety of sources within the UC environment to characterize anomalous activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Information Security position or equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
- Knowledge of SIEM tools such as Splunk, QRadar and LogRhythm
- Knowledge of security tools typically used in a SOC (e.g. tools for vulnerability management, incident response, log analysis, event correlation, data loss protection, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Braintrace does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Braintrace does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.